Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 4:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 16:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.13 meters/second, 1552.1 kilometres/hour, 964.4 miles/hour or 838.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 45.4"||964.22 mi||West||0° 07' 37.2"||8.73 mi||North||964.55 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 08.9"||872.35 mi||East||3° 26' 09.5"||236.21 mi||North||910.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lusaka||Sat 6:40 PM||62 km||38 miles||33 nm||WSW|
|Kabwe||Sat 6:40 PM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||NNW|
|Ndola||Sat 6:40 PM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||N|
|Kitwe||Sat 6:40 PM||275 km||171 miles||149 nm||NNW|
|Harare||Sat 6:40 PM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||SE|
|Chitungwiza||Sat 6:40 PM||389 km||241 miles||210 nm||SE|
|Lubumbashi||Sat 6:40 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NNW|
|Chipata||Sat 6:40 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||ENE|
|Gweru||Sat 6:40 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SSE|
|Bulawayo||Sat 6:40 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.