Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 7:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.03 meters/second, 1555.3 km/hour, 966.4 miles/hour or 839.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 54.9"||966.23 mi||West||0° 07' 54.5"||9.06 mi||North||966.57 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 24.5"||869.85 mi||East||3° 32' 07.5"||243.03 mi||North||909.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sat 7:50 PM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||E|
|Recife||Sat 4:50 PM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sat 4:50 PM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Sat 7:50 PM||2433 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sat 7:50 PM||2609 km||1621 miles||1409 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Sat 7:50 PM||2644 km||1643 miles||1427 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Sat 4:50 PM||2667 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||WNW|
|Conakry||Sat 7:50 PM||2713 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Sat 7:50 PM||2716 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||NNE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 4:50 PM||2904 km||1805 miles||1568 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.