Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 8:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 20:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.07 meters/second, 1555.5 km/hour, 966.5 miles/hour or 839.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 55.2"||966.34 mi||West||0° 07' 55.4"||9.08 mi||North||966.67 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 12.8"||869.71 mi||East||3° 32' 25.8"||243.39 mi||North||909.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sat 8:00 PM||1467 km||912 miles||792 nm||E|
|Recife||Sat 5:00 PM||1850 km||1149 miles||999 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sat 5:00 PM||2079 km||1292 miles||1122 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sat 5:00 PM||2439 km||1515 miles||1317 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Sat 8:00 PM||2517 km||1564 miles||1359 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sat 8:00 PM||2661 km||1654 miles||1437 nm||NNE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 5:00 PM||2666 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||WSW|
|Conakry||Sat 8:00 PM||2758 km||1714 miles||1489 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Sat 8:00 PM||2794 km||1736 miles||1509 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Sat 8:00 PM||2850 km||1771 miles||1539 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.