Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 8:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.26 meters/second, 1556.2 km/hour, 966.9 miles/hour or 840.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 57.2"||966.77 mi||West||0° 07' 59.0"||9.15 mi||North||967.10 mi|
|24 hours||12° 59' 25.6"||869.19 mi||East||3° 33' 39.0"||244.78 mi||North||909.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sat 5:40 PM||979 km||609 miles||529 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sat 5:40 PM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sat 5:40 PM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 5:40 PM||1753 km||1090 miles||947 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Sat 5:40 PM||2035 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||W|
|São Paulo||Sat 5:40 PM||2098 km||1303 miles||1133 nm||WSW|
|Jamestown||Sat 8:40 PM||2499 km||1553 miles||1350 nm||E|
|Belém||Sat 5:40 PM||2597 km||1614 miles||1402 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Sat 8:40 PM||3070 km||1908 miles||1658 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sat 8:40 PM||3098 km||1925 miles||1673 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.