Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.31 meters/second, 1556.3 km/hour, 967.1 miles/hour or 840.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 57.7"||966.87 mi||West||0° 07' 59.9"||9.16 mi||North||967.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 59' 13.9"||869.06 mi||East||3° 33' 57.1"||245.13 mi||North||909.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Sat 5:50 PM||791 km||491 miles||427 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Sat 5:50 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||NNW|
|Fortaleza||Sat 5:50 PM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 5:50 PM||1544 km||960 miles||834 nm||SW|
|Brasilia||Sat 5:50 PM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||W|
|São Paulo||Sat 5:50 PM||1879 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sat 5:50 PM||2382 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||NW|
|Jamestown||Sat 8:50 PM||2757 km||1713 miles||1489 nm||E|
|Asuncion *||Sat 5:50 PM||2981 km||1852 miles||1609 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sat 5:50 PM||3171 km||1970 miles||1712 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.