Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 9:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 21:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.50 meters/second, 1557.0 kilometres/hour, 967.5 miles/hour or 840.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 59.7"||967.30 mi||West||0° 08' 03.3"||9.23 mi||North||967.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 26.7"||868.54 mi||East||3° 35' 09.5"||246.51 mi||North||909.07 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória da Conquista||Sat 6:30 PM||34 km||21 miles||18 nm||SSE|
|Jequié||Sat 6:30 PM||130 km||81 miles||70 nm||NE|
|Itabuna||Sat 6:30 PM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||E|
|Ilhéus||Sat 6:30 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||E|
|Salvador||Sat 6:30 PM||327 km||203 miles||176 nm||ENE|
|Vitória||Sat 6:30 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||S|
|Belo Horizonte||Sat 6:30 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||SSW|
|Brasilia||Sat 6:30 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||W|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 6:30 PM||955 km||593 miles||515 nm||SSW|
|Recife||Sat 6:30 PM||984 km||611 miles||531 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.