Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.65 meters/second, 1557.5 km/hour, 967.8 miles/hour or 841.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 01.2"||967.62 mi||West||0° 08' 06.0"||9.28 mi||North||967.96 mi|
|24 hours||12° 57' 51.6"||868.14 mi||East||3° 36' 03.2"||247.53 mi||North||908.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia||Sat 7:00 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||SSE|
|Anápolis||Sat 7:00 PM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia||Sat 7:00 PM||262 km||163 miles||141 nm||SSW|
|Barra do Garças||Sat 7:00 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo||Sat 7:00 PM||1013 km||629 miles||547 nm||S|
|Salvador||Sat 7:00 PM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 7:00 PM||1075 km||668 miles||580 nm||SSE|
|Belém||Sat 7:00 PM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||N|
|Asuncion *||Sat 7:00 PM||1544 km||959 miles||833 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Sat 7:00 PM||1601 km||995 miles||864 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.