Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 22:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.69 meters/second, 1557.7 km/hour, 967.9 miles/hour or 841.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 01.7"||967.73 mi||West||0° 08' 06.9"||9.30 mi||North||968.07 mi|
|24 hours||12° 57' 39.8"||868.01 mi||East||3° 36' 21.0"||247.87 mi||North||908.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Sat 7:10 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||SW|
|Goiânia||Sat 7:10 PM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||SSE|
|Brasilia||Sat 7:10 PM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||ESE|
|São Paulo||Sat 7:10 PM||1086 km||675 miles||587 nm||SSE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 7:10 PM||1223 km||760 miles||660 nm||SE|
|Salvador||Sat 7:10 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||E|
|Asuncion *||Sat 7:10 PM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Sat 7:10 PM||1464 km||909 miles||790 nm||N|
|Manaus||Sat 6:10 PM||1627 km||1011 miles||879 nm||NW|
|Sucre||Sat 6:10 PM||1636 km||1017 miles||884 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.