Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 1:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 01:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.75 meters/second, 1561.5 km/hour, 970.3 miles/hour or 843.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 12.6"||970.09 mi||West||0° 08' 25.4"||9.65 mi||North||970.43 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 22.9"||865.16 mi||East||3° 42' 42.2"||255.14 mi||North||908.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:50 PM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 7:50 PM||2119 km||1316 miles||1144 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 8:50 PM||2891 km||1797 miles||1561 nm||E|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:50 PM||3028 km||1881 miles||1635 nm||WSW|
|Quito||Sat 8:50 PM||3160 km||1964 miles||1706 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Sat 7:50 PM||3416 km||2123 miles||1844 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 7:50 PM||3452 km||2145 miles||1864 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sat 7:50 PM||3470 km||2156 miles||1873 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sat 7:50 PM||3478 km||2161 miles||1878 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 7:50 PM||3594 km||2233 miles||1940 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.