Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 2:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 02:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.98 meters/second, 1562.3 km/hour, 970.8 miles/hour or 843.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 15.2"||970.63 mi||West||0° 08' 29.5"||9.73 mi||North||970.97 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 25.1"||864.51 mi||East||3° 44' 05.9"||256.73 mi||North||907.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 9:40 PM||1603 km||996 miles||866 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:40 PM||1953 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 8:40 PM||3211 km||1995 miles||1734 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 4:40 PM||3650 km||2268 miles||1971 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Sat 9:40 PM||4106 km||2552 miles||2217 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Sat 9:40 PM||4193 km||2605 miles||2264 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Sat 8:40 PM||4196 km||2607 miles||2266 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 8:40 PM||4222 km||2624 miles||2280 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sat 8:40 PM||4339 km||2696 miles||2343 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sat 9:40 PM||4365 km||2712 miles||2357 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.