Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 3:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 03:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.08 meters/second, 1562.7 kilometres/hour, 971.0 miles/hour or 843.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 16.1"||970.84 mi||West||0° 08' 31.3"||9.76 mi||North||971.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 01.9"||864.26 mi||East||3° 44' 39.1"||257.37 mi||North||907.81 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 7:00 PM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 10:00 PM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sat 5:00 PM||3140 km||1951 miles||1695 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 9:00 PM||3691 km||2294 miles||1993 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:00 PM||4239 km||2634 miles||2289 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Sat 10:00 PM||4361 km||2710 miles||2355 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:00 PM||4420 km||2747 miles||2387 nm||WNW|
|Guatemala||Sat 9:00 PM||4560 km||2834 miles||2462 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 9:00 PM||4602 km||2860 miles||2485 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 10:00 PM||4713 km||2929 miles||2545 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.