Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 03:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 03:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.08 meters/second, 1562.7 km/hour, 971.0 miles/hour or 843.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.18 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 16.1"||970.84 mi||west||0° 08' 31.3"||9.76 mi||north||971.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 01.9"||864.26 mi||east||3° 44' 39.1"||257.37 mi||north||907.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 7:00 PM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 10:00 PM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sat 5:00 PM||3140 km||1951 miles||1696 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 9:00 PM||3691 km||2294 miles||1993 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:00 PM||4239 km||2634 miles||2289 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Sat 10:00 PM||4361 km||2710 miles||2355 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:00 PM||4420 km||2747 miles||2387 nm||WNW|
|Guatemala||Sat 9:00 PM||4560 km||2834 miles||2462 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 9:00 PM||4602 km||2860 miles||2485 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 10:00 PM||4713 km||2929 miles||2545 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.