Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 3:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.22 meters/second, 1563.2 km/hour, 971.3 miles/hour or 844.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 17.7"||971.16 mi||West||0° 08' 33.7"||9.81 mi||North||971.51 mi|
|24 hours||12° 51' 27.2"||863.87 mi||East||3° 45' 28.4"||258.31 mi||North||907.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 7:30 PM||1275 km||792 miles||689 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 5:30 PM||2377 km||1477 miles||1283 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 10:30 PM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:30 PM||3496 km||2172 miles||1888 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:30 PM||3697 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 4:30 PM||4535 km||2818 miles||2448 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 5:30 PM||4756 km||2955 miles||2568 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Sat 10:30 PM||4827 km||2999 miles||2606 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Sat 5:30 PM||5090 km||3163 miles||2748 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:30 PM||5091 km||3163 miles||2749 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.