Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.32 meters/second, 1563.6 km/hour, 971.5 miles/hour or 844.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 18.7"||971.38 mi||West||0° 08' 35.3"||9.84 mi||North||971.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 51' 04.1"||863.62 mi||East||3° 46' 01.1"||258.93 mi||North||907.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 6:20 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sat 7:50 PM||1282 km||796 miles||692 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 5:50 PM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 10:50 PM||2830 km||1758 miles||1528 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:50 PM||3005 km||1867 miles||1623 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:50 PM||3234 km||2010 miles||1746 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 4:50 PM||4029 km||2503 miles||2175 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 5:50 PM||4237 km||2633 miles||2288 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:50 PM||4240 km||2635 miles||2290 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:50 PM||4592 km||2853 miles||2480 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.