Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 4:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.37 meters/second, 1563.7 km/hour, 971.7 miles/hour or 844.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 19.2"||971.49 mi||West||0° 08' 36.0"||9.86 mi||North||971.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 52.6"||863.49 mi||East||3° 46' 17.4"||259.24 mi||North||907.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 6:30 PM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:00 PM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 6:00 PM||1623 km||1008 miles||876 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:00 PM||2762 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:00 PM||3011 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||WNW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 11:00 PM||3047 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 5:00 PM||3776 km||2346 miles||2039 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:00 PM||3978 km||2472 miles||2148 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:00 PM||3980 km||2473 miles||2149 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:00 PM||4343 km||2699 miles||2345 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.