Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 04:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 04:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.42 meters/second, 1563.9 km/hour, 971.8 miles/hour or 844.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 19.6"||971.61 mi||west||0° 08' 36.9"||9.87 mi||north||971.95 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 39.9"||863.35 mi||east||3° 46' 35.5"||259.59 mi||north||907.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 6:40 PM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Sat 6:10 PM||1349 km||839 miles||729 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:10 PM||1488 km||924 miles||803 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:10 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:10 PM||2772 km||1722 miles||1497 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 11:10 PM||3294 km||2047 miles||1779 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 5:10 PM||3496 km||2172 miles||1887 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:10 PM||3689 km||2292 miles||1992 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:10 PM||3694 km||2295 miles||1995 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:10 PM||4067 km||2527 miles||2196 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.