Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 4:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 04:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.42 meters/second, 1563.9 km/hour, 971.8 miles/hour or 844.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 19.6"||971.59 mi||West||0° 08' 36.9"||9.87 mi||North||971.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 41.1"||863.36 mi||East||3° 46' 33.6"||259.55 mi||North||907.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 6:40 PM||567 km||353 miles||306 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Sat 6:10 PM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:10 PM||1473 km||915 miles||795 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:10 PM||2521 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:10 PM||2795 km||1737 miles||1509 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 11:10 PM||3269 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 5:10 PM||3524 km||2190 miles||1903 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:10 PM||3718 km||2311 miles||2008 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:10 PM||3720 km||2311 miles||2008 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:10 PM||4094 km||2544 miles||2211 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.