Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.56 meters/second, 1564.4 km/hour, 972.1 miles/hour or 844.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 21.2"||971.92 mi||West||0° 08' 39.2"||9.92 mi||North||972.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 06.7"||862.98 mi||East||3° 47' 22.1"||260.47 mi||North||907.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 6:40 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Sat 7:10 PM||753 km||468 miles||407 nm||NE|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 6:40 PM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:40 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:40 PM||1979 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:40 PM||2215 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:40 PM||2770 km||1722 miles||1496 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:40 PM||2939 km||1826 miles||1587 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:40 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1587 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:40 PM||3352 km||2083 miles||1810 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.