Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 04:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 04:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.61 meters/second, 1564.6 km/hour, 972.2 miles/hour or 844.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 21.6"||972.10 mi||west||0° 08' 40.1"||9.94 mi||north||972.45 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 54.0"||862.90 mi||east||3° 47' 39.9"||260.83 mi||north||907.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 6:50 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||SSW|
|Taiohae||Sat 7:20 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:50 PM||1575 km||979 miles||851 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:50 PM||2038 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:50 PM||2203 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 5:50 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:50 PM||2650 km||1647 miles||1431 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:50 PM||2655 km||1650 miles||1434 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:50 PM||3079 km||1913 miles||1663 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:50 PM||3563 km||2214 miles||1924 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.