Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 5:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.65 meters/second, 1564.8 km/hour, 972.3 miles/hour or 844.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.17 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 22.1"||972.13 mi||West||0° 08' 40.8"||9.95 mi||North||972.48 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 43.8"||862.73 mi||East||3° 47' 54.1"||261.09 mi||North||907.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 7:00 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Sat 7:00 PM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 7:00 PM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sat 6:00 PM||2273 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 9:00 PM||2391 km||1486 miles||1291 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Sun 7:00 PM||2419 km||1503 miles||1306 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 6:00 PM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 6:00 PM||2863 km||1779 miles||1546 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 5:00 PM||3351 km||2082 miles||1809 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:00 PM||3473 km||2158 miles||1875 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.