Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 5:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 05:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.89 meters/second, 1565.6 km/hour, 972.8 miles/hour or 845.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 24.6"||972.67 mi||West||0° 08' 44.8"||10.02 mi||North||973.01 mi|
|24 hours||12° 48' 46.5"||862.09 mi||East||3° 49' 13.6"||262.60 mi||North||907.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 7:50 PM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Sat 6:50 PM||1005 km||624 miles||542 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 6:50 PM||1098 km||682 miles||593 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sun 7:50 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 6:50 PM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sat 7:50 PM||1354 km||841 miles||731 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 6:50 PM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 7:50 PM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:50 PM||2183 km||1356 miles||1179 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Sun 5:50 PM||2217 km||1377 miles||1197 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.