Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 05:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 05:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.89 meters/second, 1565.6 km/hour, 972.8 miles/hour or 845.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.21 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 24.6"||972.67 mi||west||0° 08' 44.8"||10.02 mi||north||973.01 mi|
|24 hours||12° 48' 46.5"||862.09 mi||east||3° 49' 13.6"||262.60 mi||north||907.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 7:50 PM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Sat 6:50 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 6:50 PM||1097 km||682 miles||593 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sun 7:50 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 6:50 PM||1158 km||720 miles||625 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sat 7:50 PM||1353 km||841 miles||731 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 6:50 PM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 7:50 PM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:50 PM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Sun 5:50 PM||2217 km||1377 miles||1197 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.