Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 8:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.75 meters/second, 1568.7 kilometres/hour, 974.7 miles/hour or 847.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 33.5"||974.59 mi||West||0° 08' 58.6"||10.29 mi||North||974.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 22.6"||859.83 mi||East||3° 53' 50.1"||267.87 mi||North||906.37 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Sun 7:50 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Sun 7:50 PM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Sun 6:50 PM||749 km||466 miles||405 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Sun 6:50 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Sun 6:50 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sun 7:50 PM||1505 km||935 miles||812 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Sun 6:50 PM||1618 km||1006 miles||874 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sun 8:50 PM||1891 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Sun 5:50 PM||1969 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Sun 7:50 PM||2227 km||1384 miles||1202 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.