Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.80 meters/second, 1568.9 kilometres/hour, 974.9 miles/hour or 847.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 34.0"||974.70 mi||West||0° 08' 59.5"||10.30 mi||North||975.04 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 11.5"||859.71 mi||East||3° 54' 05.0"||268.15 mi||North||906.32 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Sun 8:00 PM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 7:00 PM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||WNW|
|Arawa||Sun 7:00 PM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Sun 7:00 PM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Sun 8:00 PM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Sun 7:00 PM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Sun 7:00 PM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Sun 8:00 PM||1750 km||1088 miles||945 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sun 6:00 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Sun 9:00 PM||2080 km||1292 miles||1123 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.