Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 09:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.99 meters/second, 1569.6 kilometres/hour, 975.3 miles/hour or 847.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.0"||975.12 mi||West||0° 09' 02.4"||10.36 mi||North||975.47 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 26.7"||859.21 mi||East||3° 55' 04.3"||269.28 mi||North||906.15 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Sun 7:40 PM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||W|
|Cairns||Sun 7:40 PM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 7:40 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||NE|
|Mount Hagen||Sun 7:40 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||N|
|Lae||Sun 7:40 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Sun 6:40 PM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Sun 7:10 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Sun 7:10 PM||1546 km||960 miles||835 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Sun 6:40 PM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Sun 8:40 PM||1877 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.