Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.04 meters/second, 1569.7 km/hour, 975.4 miles/hour or 847.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.4"||975.23 mi||West||0° 09' 03.1"||10.37 mi||North||975.58 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 15.4"||859.09 mi||East||3° 55' 18.9"||269.57 mi||North||906.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Sun 7:50 PM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||E|
|Cairns||Sun 7:50 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 7:50 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||ENE|
|Mount Hagen||Sun 7:50 PM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||NNE|
|Lae||Sun 7:50 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||NE|
|Darwin||Sun 7:20 PM||1073 km||667 miles||580 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Sun 6:50 PM||1140 km||708 miles||615 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sun 7:20 PM||1401 km||871 miles||757 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Sun 6:50 PM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 6:50 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.