Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.04 meters/second, 1569.8 km/hour, 975.4 miles/hour or 847.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.26 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.5"||975.31 mi||west||0° 09' 03.3"||10.37 mi||north||975.66 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 14.3"||859.13 mi||east||3° 55' 20.6"||269.62 mi||north||906.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Sun 7:50 PM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||E|
|Cairns||Sun 7:50 PM||730 km||453 miles||394 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 7:50 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Sun 7:50 PM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||NE|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 7:20 PM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Sun 7:20 PM||1044 km||649 miles||564 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Sun 6:50 PM||1140 km||708 miles||615 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sun 7:20 PM||1388 km||863 miles||750 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Sun 6:50 PM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 6:50 PM||1694 km||1052 miles||915 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.