Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.04 meters/second, 1569.7 km/hour, 975.4 miles/hour or 847.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.26 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.4"||975.23 mi||west||0° 09' 03.1"||10.37 mi||north||975.58 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 15.4"||859.09 mi||east||3° 55' 18.9"||269.57 mi||north||906.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Sun 7:50 PM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||E|
|Cairns||Sun 7:50 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 7:50 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Sun 7:50 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||NE|
|Darwin||Sun 7:20 PM||1073 km||667 miles||580 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Sun 6:50 PM||1140 km||708 miles||615 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sun 7:20 PM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Sun 6:50 PM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 6:50 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Sun 7:50 PM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.