Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.08 meters/second, 1569.9 km/hour, 975.5 miles/hour or 847.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.9"||975.34 mi||West||0° 09' 03.8"||10.39 mi||North||975.68 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 04.4"||858.96 mi||East||3° 55' 33.6"||269.84 mi||North||906.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 7:30 PM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||W|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 7:30 PM||875 km||543 miles||472 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sun 8:00 PM||923 km||574 miles||498 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 8:00 PM||1039 km||646 miles||561 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Sun 7:00 PM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||NNE|
|Alice Springs||Sun 7:30 PM||1292 km||803 miles||697 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Sun 7:00 PM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 7:00 PM||1470 km||913 miles||794 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Sun 6:00 PM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Sun 8:00 PM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.