Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 10:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.27 meters/second, 1570.6 km/hour, 975.9 miles/hour or 848.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.0"||975.76 mi||West||0° 09' 06.9"||10.44 mi||North||976.11 mi|
|24 hours||12° 43' 19.7"||858.47 mi||East||3° 56' 31.9"||270.95 mi||North||905.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 8:10 PM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||E|
|Same||Sun 7:40 PM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Sun 7:40 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sun 7:40 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||NW|
|Dili||Sun 7:40 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||NW|
|Kupang||Sun 6:40 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||WNW|
|Ende||Sun 6:40 PM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 8:10 PM||968 km||601 miles||523 nm||SE|
|Ambon||Sun 7:40 PM||999 km||621 miles||540 nm||N|
|Kendari||Sun 6:40 PM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.