Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 10:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.32 meters/second, 1570.8 kilometres/hour, 976.0 miles/hour or 848.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.5"||975.87 mi||West||0° 09' 07.6"||10.46 mi||North||976.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 43' 08.7"||858.35 mi||East||3° 56' 46.3"||271.23 mi||North||905.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Suai||Sun 7:50 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sun 6:50 PM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||NW|
|Same||Sun 7:50 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||N|
|Dili||Sun 7:50 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||N|
|Baucau||Sun 7:50 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sun 8:20 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||E|
|Ende||Sun 6:50 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||NW|
|Raba||Sun 6:50 PM||954 km||592 miles||515 nm||WNW|
|Ambon||Sun 7:50 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||NNE|
|Kendari||Sun 6:50 PM||1048 km||651 miles||566 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.