Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.37 meters/second, 1570.9 kilometres/hour, 976.1 miles/hour or 848.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.8"||975.97 mi||West||0° 09' 08.3"||10.47 mi||North||976.32 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 57.5"||858.22 mi||East||3° 57' 00.7"||271.50 mi||North||905.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sun 7:00 PM||279 km||173 miles||150 nm||N|
|Suai||Sun 8:00 PM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||NNE|
|Same||Sun 8:00 PM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Sun 7:00 PM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 8:00 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||NNE|
|Baucau||Sun 8:00 PM||545 km||339 miles||295 nm||NNE|
|Raba||Sun 7:00 PM||733 km||455 miles||396 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Sun 8:30 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||E|
|Mataram||Sun 7:00 PM||960 km||597 miles||518 nm||WNW|
|Makassar||Sun 7:00 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.