Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.38 meters/second, 1571.0 kilometres/hour, 976.1 miles/hour or 848.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.9"||975.99 mi||West||0° 09' 08.5"||10.47 mi||North||976.34 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 55.3"||858.20 mi||East||3° 57' 03.6"||271.56 mi||North||905.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sun 7:02 PM||278 km||172 miles||150 nm||N|
|Suai||Sun 8:02 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Sun 7:02 PM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||NNW|
|Same||Sun 8:02 PM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Sun 8:02 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||NNE|
|Baucau||Sun 8:02 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||NE|
|Raba||Sun 7:02 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Sun 8:32 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||E|
|Mataram||Sun 7:02 PM||914 km||568 miles||493 nm||WNW|
|Makassar||Sun 7:02 PM||938 km||583 miles||507 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.