Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.60 meters/second, 1571.8 kilometres/hour, 976.7 miles/hour or 848.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.17 mi||North||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 42.4"||976.50 mi||West||0° 09' 11.9"||10.54 mi||North||976.85 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 02.3"||857.61 mi||East||3° 58' 12.0"||272.86 mi||North||905.58 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malang||Sun 6:50 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||N|
|Kediri||Sun 6:50 PM||523 km||325 miles||283 nm||N|
|Madiun||Sun 6:50 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||N|
|Yogyakarta||Sun 6:50 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||NNW|
|Surakarta||Sun 6:50 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sun 7:50 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Sun 6:50 PM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||N|
|Singaraja||Sun 7:50 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||NE|
|Semarang||Sun 6:50 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||NNW|
|Kudus||Sun 6:50 PM||642 km||399 miles||346 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.