Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 3:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 15:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.68 meters/second, 1575.6 km/hour, 979.1 miles/hour or 850.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 53.5"||978.91 mi||West||0° 09' 27.9"||10.85 mi||North||979.25 mi|
|24 hours||12° 37' 52.1"||854.83 mi||East||4° 03' 25.2"||278.83 mi||North||904.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Victoria||Sun 7:40 PM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||N|
|Port Louis||Sun 7:40 PM||918 km||570 miles||496 nm||S|
|Saint-Denis||Sun 7:40 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||S|
|Toamasina||Sun 6:40 PM||1015 km||630 miles||548 nm||SW|
|Antananarivo||Sun 6:40 PM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||SW|
|Moroni||Sun 6:40 PM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||W|
|Diego Garcia||Sun 9:40 PM||1834 km||1140 miles||990 nm||ENE|
|Dar es Salaam||Sun 6:40 PM||1958 km||1216 miles||1057 nm||WNW|
|Mogadishu||Sun 6:40 PM||1969 km||1224 miles||1063 nm||NW|
|Dodoma||Sun 6:40 PM||2353 km||1462 miles||1271 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.