Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.09 meters/second, 1580.7 km/hour, 982.2 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 08.3"||982.07 mi||West||0° 09' 48.1"||11.23 mi||North||982.41 mi|
|24 hours||12° 32' 26.8"||851.22 mi||East||4° 09' 49.2"||286.15 mi||North||903.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 8:50 PM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||ESE|
|Recife||Sun 5:50 PM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Sun 8:50 PM||2103 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||NNE|
|Salvador||Sun 5:50 PM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||W|
|Freetown||Sun 8:50 PM||2242 km||1393 miles||1211 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Sun 8:50 PM||2339 km||1453 miles||1263 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 5:50 PM||2366 km||1470 miles||1278 nm||WNW|
|Abidjan||Sun 8:50 PM||2416 km||1502 miles||1305 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Sun 8:50 PM||2459 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Sun 8:50 PM||2560 km||1591 miles||1382 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.