Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 21:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.17 meters/second, 1581.0 km/hour, 982.4 miles/hour or 853.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 09.3"||982.27 mi||West||0° 09' 49.3"||11.25 mi||North||982.61 mi|
|24 hours||12° 32' 06.2"||850.99 mi||East||4° 10' 12.3"||286.59 mi||North||902.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sun 6:10 PM||1325 km||823 miles||715 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 6:10 PM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sun 6:10 PM||1873 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Sun 9:10 PM||1968 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||ESE|
|Monrovia||Sun 9:10 PM||2363 km||1468 miles||1276 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sun 9:10 PM||2428 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||NNE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 6:10 PM||2497 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||SW|
|Conakry||Sun 9:10 PM||2506 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||NNE|
|Bissau||Sun 9:10 PM||2672 km||1660 miles||1443 nm||NNE|
|Brasilia||Sun 6:10 PM||2720 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.