Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 21:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.26 meters/second, 1581.3 km/hour, 982.6 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 10.2"||982.47 mi||West||0° 09' 50.5"||11.27 mi||North||982.81 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 45.8"||850.76 mi||East||4° 10' 35.4"||287.03 mi||North||902.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sun 6:30 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||WNW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 7:30 PM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Sun 6:30 PM||1158 km||720 miles||625 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 6:30 PM||1409 km||876 miles||761 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 6:30 PM||2083 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||SW|
|Brasilia||Sun 6:30 PM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||WSW|
|Guarulhos||Sun 6:30 PM||2397 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||SW|
|São Paulo||Sun 6:30 PM||2411 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||SW|
|Jamestown||Sun 9:30 PM||2475 km||1538 miles||1337 nm||ESE|
|Belém||Sun 6:30 PM||2494 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.