Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 21:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.31 meters/second, 1581.5 km/hour, 982.7 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 10.7"||982.57 mi||West||0° 09' 51.1"||11.29 mi||North||982.91 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 35.6"||850.65 mi||East||4° 10' 46.9"||287.25 mi||North||902.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sun 6:40 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Sun 6:40 PM||598 km||371 miles||323 nm||WNW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 7:40 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Sun 6:40 PM||902 km||561 miles||487 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 6:40 PM||1199 km||745 miles||647 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 6:40 PM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||SW|
|Brasilia||Sun 6:40 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo||Sun 6:40 PM||2209 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sun 6:40 PM||2254 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Sun 9:40 PM||2731 km||1697 miles||1475 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.