Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 21:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 21:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.31 meters/second, 1581.5 km/hour, 982.7 miles/hour or 854.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.38 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 10.8"||982.58 mi||west||0° 09' 51.1"||11.29 mi||north||982.92 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 34.6"||850.63 mi||east||4° 10' 48.2"||287.27 mi||north||902.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sun 6:40 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||NW|
|Maceió||Sun 6:40 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||WNW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 7:40 PM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Sun 6:40 PM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 6:40 PM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 6:40 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||SW|
|Brasilia||Sun 6:40 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo||Sun 6:40 PM||2188 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sun 6:40 PM||2229 km||1385 miles||1203 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Sun 9:40 PM||2760 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.