Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.35 meters/second, 1581.7 km/hour, 982.8 miles/hour or 854.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 11.1"||982.67 mi||West||0° 09' 51.8"||11.30 mi||North||983.01 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 25.4"||850.53 mi||East||4° 10' 58.3"||287.47 mi||North||902.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maceió||Sun 6:50 PM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Sun 6:50 PM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||NW|
|Natal||Sun 6:50 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Sun 6:50 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||WSW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 7:50 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sun 6:50 PM||1014 km||630 miles||548 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Sun 6:50 PM||1712 km||1064 miles||925 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 6:50 PM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||SW|
|São Paulo||Sun 6:50 PM||2019 km||1255 miles||1090 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sun 6:50 PM||2020 km||1255 miles||1091 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.