Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 10:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 22:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.62 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 14.0"||983.26 mi||West||0° 09' 55.4"||11.37 mi||North||983.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 24.9"||849.86 mi||East||4° 12' 06.0"||288.75 mi||North||902.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palmas||Sun 7:50 PM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Sun 7:50 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||S|
|Salvador||Sun 7:50 PM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||ESE|
|Belém||Sun 7:50 PM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sun 7:50 PM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||NE|
|Recife||Sun 7:50 PM||1398 km||869 miles||755 nm||ENE|
|São Paulo||Sun 7:50 PM||1414 km||879 miles||764 nm||S|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 7:50 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Sun 6:50 PM||1639 km||1018 miles||885 nm||WNW|
|Cayenne||Sun 7:50 PM||1825 km||1134 miles||986 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.