Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 23:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.66 meters/second, 1582.8 km/hour, 983.5 miles/hour or 854.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 14.3"||983.36 mi||West||0° 09' 56.0"||11.38 mi||North||983.70 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 14.8"||849.74 mi||East||4° 12' 17.0"||288.97 mi||North||902.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palmas||Sun 8:00 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||ENE|
|São Félix do Xingu||Sun 8:00 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia||Sun 8:00 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||SSE|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 8:00 PM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia||Sun 8:00 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||S|
|Belém||Sun 8:00 PM||1039 km||646 miles||561 nm||N|
|Salvador||Sun 8:00 PM||1251 km||777 miles||675 nm||ESE|
|Manaus||Sun 7:00 PM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||NW|
|São Paulo||Sun 8:00 PM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 8:00 PM||1462 km||909 miles||789 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.