Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.67 meters/second, 1582.8 km/hour, 983.5 miles/hour or 854.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 14.4"||983.38 mi||West||0° 09' 56.1"||11.38 mi||North||983.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 12.8"||849.72 mi||East||4° 12' 19.3"||289.01 mi||North||902.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palmas||Sun 8:02 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||ENE|
|São Félix do Xingu||Sun 8:02 PM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||NNW|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 8:02 PM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||SSW|
|Brasilia||Sun 8:02 PM||612 km||380 miles||331 nm||SSE|
|Goiânia||Sun 8:02 PM||664 km||412 miles||358 nm||S|
|Belém||Sun 8:02 PM||1047 km||651 miles||566 nm||N|
|Salvador||Sun 8:02 PM||1303 km||809 miles||703 nm||ESE|
|Manaus||Sun 7:02 PM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||NW|
|Guarulhos||Sun 8:02 PM||1459 km||906 miles||788 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Sun 8:02 PM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.