Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 14, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.90 meters/second, 1587.3 km/hour, 986.3 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||north||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 27.6"||986.15 mi||west||0° 10' 12.3"||11.69 mi||north||986.47 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 30.9"||846.56 mi||east||4° 17' 19.2"||294.72 mi||north||900.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 7:50 PM||2003 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:50 PM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 5:50 PM||3334 km||2071 miles||1800 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 9:50 PM||3478 km||2161 miles||1878 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City *||Sun 10:50 PM||3955 km||2458 miles||2136 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 9:50 PM||4211 km||2617 miles||2274 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 9:50 PM||4265 km||2650 miles||2303 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:50 PM||4372 km||2717 miles||2361 nm||WNW|
|Managua||Sun 9:50 PM||4432 km||2754 miles||2393 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 9:50 PM||4462 km||2773 miles||2409 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.