Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 14, 2013 at 4:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 04:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.15 meters/second, 1588.1 km/hour, 986.8 miles/hour or 857.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 30.3"||986.71 mi||West||0° 10' 15.6"||11.75 mi||North||987.03 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 34.1"||845.92 mi||East||4° 18' 16.9"||295.82 mi||North||900.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 7:20 PM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sun 8:50 PM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 6:50 PM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:50 PM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 6:50 PM||3019 km||1876 miles||1630 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 11:50 PM||3235 km||2010 miles||1747 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sun 5:50 PM||3981 km||2474 miles||2150 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:50 PM||4064 km||2525 miles||2195 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 6:50 PM||4119 km||2559 miles||2224 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:50 PM||4306 km||2676 miles||2325 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.