Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 14, 2013 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.96 meters/second, 1591.1 kilometres/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 38.9"||988.53 mi||West||0° 10' 25.7"||11.94 mi||North||988.84 mi|
|24 hours||347° 38' 30.3"||843.84 mi||West||4° 21' 17.4"||299.26 mi||North||899.45 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Mon 8:10 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||ENE|
|Mata-Utu||Mon 8:10 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||SE|
|Labasa||Mon 8:10 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||SSE|
|Lautoka||Mon 8:10 PM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||S|
|Tabiteuea||Mon 8:10 PM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||NNW|
|Nadi||Mon 8:10 PM||951 km||591 miles||513 nm||S|
|Suva||Mon 8:10 PM||992 km||616 miles||535 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sun 8:10 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:10 PM||1232 km||766 miles||665 nm||E|
|Apia *||Mon 10:10 PM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.