Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 14, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.43 meters/second, 1592.8 km/hour, 989.7 miles/hour or 860.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 44.1"||989.58 mi||West||0° 10' 31.4"||12.05 mi||North||989.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 42.6"||842.62 mi||East||4° 22' 57.0"||301.15 mi||North||898.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Mon 8:10 PM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||WSW|
|Lae||Mon 8:10 PM||297 km||185 miles||160 nm||NW|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 8:10 PM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||NW|
|Buka||Mon 8:10 PM||768 km||477 miles||415 nm||ENE|
|Arawa||Mon 8:10 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||ENE|
|Gizo||Mon 9:10 PM||908 km||564 miles||491 nm||E|
|Cairns||Mon 8:10 PM||944 km||586 miles||510 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Mon 7:10 PM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Mon 9:10 PM||1246 km||775 miles||673 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Mon 7:10 PM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.