Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 14, 2013 at 10:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.58 meters/second, 1593.3 kilometres/hour, 990.0 miles/hour or 860.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 45.8"||989.92 mi||West||0° 10' 33.3"||12.09 mi||North||990.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 07.6"||842.22 mi||East||4° 23' 28.6"||301.76 mi||North||898.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Mon 8:50 PM||662 km||411 miles||358 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Mon 7:50 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 8:50 PM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||E|
|Lae||Mon 8:50 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Mon 8:20 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Mon 7:50 PM||1027 km||638 miles||555 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Mon 8:50 PM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||SE|
|Dili||Mon 7:50 PM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Mon 8:20 PM||1742 km||1082 miles||940 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Mon 7:50 PM||1860 km||1156 miles||1004 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.