Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 14, 2013 at 3:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 15:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.54 meters/second, 1596.8 km/hour, 992.2 miles/hour or 862.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 56.4"||992.07 mi||West||0° 10' 44.5"||12.30 mi||North||992.36 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 28.2"||839.70 mi||East||4° 26' 37.0"||305.34 mi||North||896.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Mon 9:10 PM||429 km||266 miles||231 nm||W|
|Addu City||Mon 8:10 PM||877 km||545 miles||473 nm||NNW|
|Male||Mon 8:10 PM||1377 km||856 miles||744 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Mon 8:40 PM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||NNE|
|Colombo||Mon 8:40 PM||1697 km||1055 miles||917 nm||NNE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Mon 8:40 PM||1824 km||1133 miles||985 nm||N|
|Madurai||Mon 8:40 PM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||N|
|Bengaluru||Mon 8:40 PM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||N|
|Victoria||Mon 7:10 PM||2328 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||W|
|Chennai||Mon 8:40 PM||2372 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.