Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 14, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.88 meters/second, 1601.6 km/hour, 995.2 miles/hour or 864.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.59 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 11.8"||995.14 mi||west||0° 10' 59.4"||12.59 mi||north||995.41 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 17.4"||836.12 mi||east||4° 30' 27.3"||309.75 mi||north||894.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 6:50 PM||1583 km||984 miles||855 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Mon 9:50 PM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Mon 9:50 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Mon 9:50 PM||1913 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||ESE|
|Conakry||Mon 9:50 PM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Mon 6:50 PM||2020 km||1255 miles||1091 nm||W|
|Salvador||Mon 6:50 PM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||WSW|
|Bissau||Mon 9:50 PM||2134 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Mon 9:50 PM||2270 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||NE|
|Abidjan||Mon 9:50 PM||2276 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.