Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 14, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.91 meters/second, 1601.7 km/hour, 995.2 miles/hour or 864.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.59 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 12.1"||995.15 mi||west||0° 10' 59.7"||12.59 mi||north||995.41 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 10.1"||835.98 mi||east||4° 30' 32.1"||309.82 mi||north||894.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 7:00 PM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Mon 7:00 PM||1757 km||1091 miles||948 nm||W|
|Salvador||Mon 7:00 PM||1830 km||1137 miles||988 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Mon 10:00 PM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Mon 10:00 PM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Mon 10:00 PM||2072 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Mon 10:00 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Mon 10:00 PM||2215 km||1377 miles||1196 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Mon 10:00 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||NNE|
|Praia||Mon 9:00 PM||2395 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.