Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 14, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.91 meters/second, 1601.7 kilometres/hour, 995.2 miles/hour or 864.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 12.1"||995.14 mi||West||0° 10' 59.7"||12.59 mi||North||995.40 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 11.0"||835.99 mi||East||4° 30' 31.5"||309.81 mi||North||894.37 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown (Ascension Island)||Mon 10:00 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||E|
|Recife||Mon 7:00 PM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Mon 7:00 PM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||W|
|Salvador||Mon 7:00 PM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Mon 10:00 PM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Mon 10:00 PM||1988 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Mon 10:00 PM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Mon 10:00 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Mon 10:00 PM||2205 km||1370 miles||1190 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Mon 10:00 PM||2335 km||1451 miles||1261 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.