Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 14, 2013 at 10:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 22:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.06 meters/second, 1602.2 kilometres/hour, 995.6 miles/hour or 865.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 13.9"||995.48 mi||West||0° 11' 01.3"||12.62 mi||North||995.74 mi|
|24 hours||12° 09' 34.8"||835.55 mi||East||4° 30' 54.9"||310.25 mi||North||894.04 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|João Pessoa||Mon 7:50 PM||59 km||37 miles||32 nm||S|
|Natal||Mon 7:50 PM||97 km||60 miles||52 nm||NNW|
|Campina Grande||Mon 7:50 PM||136 km||85 miles||74 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Mon 7:50 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||S|
|Caruaru||Mon 7:50 PM||226 km||141 miles||122 nm||SW|
|Maceió||Mon 7:50 PM||353 km||219 miles||191 nm||SSW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 8:50 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Mon 7:50 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Mon 7:50 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Mon 7:50 PM||1618 km||1005 miles||874 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.