Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.71 meters/second, 1608.1 km/hour, 999.3 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 34.7"||999.17 mi||West||0° 11' 17.5"||12.93 mi||North||999.38 mi|
|24 hours||347° 57' 07.3"||830.61 mi||West||4° 34' 12.4"||314.01 mi||North||889.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabiteuea||Tue 9:10 PM||392 km||243 miles||211 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:10 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:10 PM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:10 PM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Tue 9:10 PM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:10 PM||1377 km||855 miles||743 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Tue 9:10 PM||1525 km||947 miles||823 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:10 PM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Tue 8:10 PM||1642 km||1020 miles||887 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Tue 11:10 PM||1731 km||1075 miles||934 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.