Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 9:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.79 meters/second, 1608.5 kilometres/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 35.8"||999.37 mi||West||0° 11' 18.3"||12.95 mi||North||999.58 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 29.7"||830.32 mi||East||4° 34' 19.2"||314.14 mi||North||889.39 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Tue 9:50 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Tue 8:50 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:50 PM||1038 km||645 miles||561 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Tue 9:50 PM||1429 km||888 miles||771 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Tue 8:50 PM||1486 km||923 miles||802 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 8:50 PM||1525 km||947 miles||823 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:50 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Tue 9:50 PM||2038 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:50 PM||2041 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 7:50 PM||2125 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.