Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.01 meters/second, 1612.9 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 55.2"||1002.10 mi||West||0° 11' 27.6"||13.12 mi||North||1002.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 37.5"||825.52 mi||East||4° 34' 23.3"||314.21 mi||North||883.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Pédro||Tue 9:50 PM||794 km||493 miles||428 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Tue 9:50 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Tue 9:50 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||NNW|
|Kakata||Tue 9:50 PM||1003 km||623 miles||541 nm||NNW|
|Yamoussoukro||Tue 9:50 PM||1054 km||655 miles||569 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Tue 9:50 PM||1236 km||768 miles||668 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Tue 9:50 PM||1316 km||817 miles||710 nm||NNW|
|Lomé||Tue 9:50 PM||1396 km||868 miles||754 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Tue 9:50 PM||1440 km||895 miles||778 nm||NNW|
|Jamestown||Tue 9:50 PM||1534 km||953 miles||829 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.